HISTORY & HERITAGE
History of the PCAFI
The Pentecostal Churches of the Apostolic Faith International began its organizational existence on November 20, 1957. Founded by Bishop Samuel N. Hancock of Detroit, Michigan, it was established from its inception as a Oneness Pentecostal group. In Hancock's own words: "The aim and purpose of this union is to maintain the standard of holiness and to perpetuate the principles of the Apostolic doctrine." The location of the first registered office (headquarters) was 2238 Clinton Street in Detroit, Michigan. The original incorporators whose signatures appear on the document dated November 20, 1957 were Bishop S.N. Hancock—Resident agent (Detroit, MI), Bishop Willie Lee (Indianapolis, IN), Bishop Heardie Leaston (Ferndale, MI), and Elder David Collins (Detroit, MI). Today, with churches across the globe, the PCAFI remains committed to its trademark of spiritual excellence and integrity on behalf of the Apostolic faith.
On Record: The History of the PCAFI recounts our full story.